3 Bridges, Derby
Repairs to Milford Road, Cowhill and Scotches Railway Bridges.
Gallery (click on an image to view a larger version)
These bridges are on the route of the A6 between Duffield and Belper in Derbyshire and all three cross the main Derby to Chesterfield railway line.
Works consist of: -
- Deck resurfacing that will include re-instating road studs and road markings;
- Installation of weep pipes;
- Re-pointing between voussoirs, areas of the brickwork and stonework;
- Replacement of bricks as indicated;
- Removal of vegetation within 1 metre of the structures;
- The joints between wing-walls and spandrel walls are to be raked out, caulked and sealed;
- Parapet stone repairs;
- Cleaning arch barrels.
The works are being carried out under a possession order from Network Rail, as some of the refurbishment will need to be done from the rail property.
There are also a series of traffic management and road closures for the deck refurbishments.
Client: Derbyshire CC
Contract: 3 Bridges, Derby
Duration: 16 Weeks